The Top 5 Teachers in Homeschool Learning
How many of these incredible people do you know? I am extremely excited about sharing these top 5 teacher leaders in homeschool learning that really changed. my. life. Period.
And by the end of this post and after exploring these wonderful teacher leader’s platforms, you will discover:
- what a homeschool day can really look like,
- what curriculum and materials you should be using depending on your child’s development and learning goals,
- and how much fun homeschooling can actually be!
Also, keep in mind that these teachers are not listed in any particular order. They all hold an equally valuable place and have contributed greatly to the teaching community.
So, grab a snack and get ready for this tea. Let’s get it!
Teacher Leader #1: PlaytoLearnPreschool.us by Jamie White
I rediscovered Jamie White when I was doing a little bit of research about other online preschool classes out there like the online classes I offer. Jamie White’s Play to Learn Preschool was one of the top choices in the Google search engine. So I clicked and went exploring and was totally impressed with the quality and quantity of materials, resources, and curriculum she offers to parents and teachers for really affordable prices.
What PlaytoLearnPreschool.us offers:
- tons of creative and fun, learning center ideas and resources for homeschools and classrooms that are seasonal and theme-based. Some of these resources are free and others are available for super affordable prices. You will discover the amount of time and effort she put forth in creating these resources. They will save you lots of time and your kids will enjoy them all while learning key preschool skills. You can find many of these products on her website or Teachers Pay Teachers store
- FREE live video replays on Facebook of hands-on learning for preschool-aged students that are art, science, math, and literacy-focused and FREE live video replays on Facebook giving helpful tips, advice, and encouragement for parents and teachers that are very refreshing to watch.
- a VIRTUAL preschool program that provides full weeks of prerecorded circle time videos packed with singing, games, read alouds, and play with Jamie White. She provides enrichment packs to supplement each week’s activities. This program is suitable for families who are looking for a balanced and consistent online preschool program that they can complete at their own pace. It is convenient, simple, and affordable – three key attributes of a great curriculum for many homeschooling families. And did I mention she offers a FREE five days of this virtual preschool?
- and more!
Jamie White has helped me in my own personal homeschooling journey. She has this sweetness and gentleness about her that many would look for in a mentor. So if you’re looking for homeschooling resources for your preschooler, don’t wait to check out her website because there’s so much help she has to offer that you may not realize you need.
Click to learn more about Play to Learn Preschool.
Teacher Leader #2: TeachingMama.org by Angela Thayer
Okay, so Angela is like a “catch-all” because she offers the FULL package. She is a public school educator turn homeschool mom after starting her family. I have been following Angela since my first child was born 8 years ago. I mean, she’s full of so much information, help, tips, and advice to help you raise your child from baby to preschooler and she also gives you sustenance from mother to mother. Winning!
What TeachingMama.org offers:
- Hands-on, free, and affordable learning activities in every subject for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers that will keep them busy for hours! You can shop for some of Angela’s amazing resources in her TPT store.
- A warm place for mothers to find ideas on how to better themselves and be encouraged during this journey of motherhood.
- A homeschool preschool course for parents and teachers on how to successfully and strategically plan their home preschool effectively to maximize their child’s learning environment and experiences.
- and more!
Angela is a wonderful educator. I truly admire her efforts to create effective, fun, and creative resources for young children and parents to teach their young children. So if you’re stuck in a rut (as we all get sometimes) and you’re in need of some light and inspiration, I encourage you to check out her website… like NOW!
Click to learn more about Teaching Mama.
Teacher Leader #3: Little Minds at Work by Tara West
Tara. West. (mic drop)
Okay, this girl, hands down is, LEGIT, an early educator QUEEN! I found Tara through TeachersPayTeachers when I was looking for a homeschool preschool curriculum about 4 years ago. I located and purchased many of her materials (and still do!). One thing you will quickly find out about Tara is how detailed and full her materials are. Her curriculum lacks NOTHING.
It is perfect for homeschoolers and classroom teachers. She NEVER disappoints. (I’m not yelling… I promise.) I’m just so excited to write about her because she has truly been a blessing to me on my homeschooling journey and hundreds (probably thousands) of others. Not to mention, Tara has almost half a million votes on Teachers Pay Teachers. Kid you not… you can check it out here
What LittleMindsAtWork.org offers:
- fully packed, complete curriculum materials for preschoolers through 2nd grade and other learning materials and supplemental resources
- a Facebook group with like-minded teachers to communicate and network who have purchased her kindergarten or first-grade curriculum
- professional development resources for those wanting some professional development help (eeek!)
- loads of distance learning digital resources (which is HIGHLY needed and sought after in today’s educational environment)
- quick feedback and help if you have any questions about her products
- and so much more!
I just can’t say enough good about Tara and how much she has contributed to the teaching community. She has such a sweet spirit. I so encourage you to check out what she has to offer because you are BOUND to find something that will meet your homeschooling or classroom needs. Seriously.
Check out Tara and Little Minds at Work.
Teacher Leader #4: The Moffatt Girls by Annie Moffatt
Another teacher-author guru… The Moffatt Girls. Annie has been around for quite some time, and every year, every mid-year, every quarter-year, every month, every week, every day (okay, okay), she just keeps getting better. She is a former elementary school teacher turned homeschool mama. She is FULL of curriculum wits as her work testifies for her.
Her resources are jam-packed with fun and unique activities for young learners. I have purchased many of her resources from Teachers Pay Teachers because she, too, never disappoints. She has well over half a million votes on TeachersPayTeachers.
What TheMoffattGirls.com offers:
- TONS of unique literacy and math learning materials and curriculum for preschool through 3rd grade. My favorite products from Annie are her no-prep printable packets that save parents and teachers HOURS of lesson prep time and kids LOVE these! Click here to explore these no-prep resources.
- Ideas, tips, and advice on how to decorate and organize your homeschool classroom to maximize space and creative flow for you and your kids
- and so much more!
Annie is truly a rock and gem in the lives of homeschooling families and classroom teachers. Her resources are so unique and creative. She spends so much time creating and producing curriculum materials that are beyond effective in the early learning classroom. You will not be disappointed in what she has to offer.
So run and check out The Moffatt Girls.
Teacher Leader #5: JDA Learning Resources by Jady Alvarez
Last, but truly not least, Jady A. Jady has been around for years. She is a very popular homeschool YouTuber with almost half a million subscribers. But don’t be fooled. It took her time to build this empire, and she has built it well.
Jady was an important pillar when I first began to homeschool my first child, who is now 8 years old. Since I already had preschool teaching experience, I was a little familiar with how to set up my home classroom and a few fun activities to engage him with. But I was stuck. I didn’t really know how to cater to him in some ways because there was so much to learn as a new mom. I wasn’t going to work to teach 15-20 kids and say goodbye at the end of the day. This kid was mine ALL DAY everyday. (Can you relate?)
But let me tell you. Jady. Came. Through. She really helped me get my thoughts and plans together and she continues to inspire me with new ideas and tips as my children get older.
What JadyAlvarez.com offers:
- Relevant, effective, and timely homeschool YouTube content to help inspire families in setting up or revamping their homeschool schedule and routine. And this information is FREE. Come through Jady!
- Early educational curriculum and resources for babies through upper elementary (As her children get older, I’m sure her content will expand.) A lot of these resources are either free or extremely affordable on her website and Teachers Pay Teachers store.
- Advice, tips, and support for mothers who are bravely raising their tribe
- Courses teaching parents how to implement strategies, curriculum, and routines for preschool to elementary-aged children to promote their creativity, memory, and critical thinking skills.
- and so much more!
Don’t hesitate! Be inspired by JDA Learning Resources.
And listen, there are SO MANY MORE teacher leaders out there. These were the top 5 that have truly inspired me on my own teacher leader journey and simply on my journey of becoming a better Mom-Teacher.
I hope you have found this post helpful as you broaden your horizons and find your way along this road.
Remember, don’t be hard on yourself. This walk is not easy. Being a mother is not easy. Being a teacher is not easy. But I am here to support you as you find your way.
If you have any specific questions or comments that you would like to share about anything you need, I would be thrilled to chat with you. Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m a real mom. A real teacher. A real fighter. And I cry when I need to. You’re not in this alone.
With lots of love, virtual hugs, and meaningful laughter,